As a Section Manager at Caterpillar, you will supervise and provide leadership to Team Leads assigned to manufacturing areas.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Determines processing needs to assure fixtures, tooling and methods are provided to meet schedules and production requirements
- Determines priorities and schedules the sequence of jobs
- Determines overtime needs, determines priorities when resources are insufficient, and decides when disciplinary action is necessary
- Ensures production meets quality / cost standards
- Ensures necessary parts and materials are ordered and distributed in a timely and efficient manner
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency
- Works to improve processes, timeliness and reduce costs by eliminating non-value added activities
- Ensures preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule
- Implements various corporate initiatives such as 5S, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification, etc
- Monitors and improves safety on the shop floor; eliminating any unsafe operations and ensuring a safe and clean production environment
- Evaluates, assesses, and identifies training needs of the workforce
- Ensures training and effective utilization of work force
- Performs the following CPS-related duties:
- Accountability for value stream mapping
- Resource allocation to meet requirements
- Trains and models the CPS Guiding Principles
- Deploys process improvement dialogues
- Deploys Root Cause Corrective Action on issues that arrise and drive continuous improvement
- Reports section status and monitors and audits related metrics
- Leads efforts to develop and deploy standard work for each work area
- College or university degree in an operations-related discipline -OR- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Thorough knowledge of lean manufacturing processes and tools, machine shop operations, equipment and processes
- Familiarity with materials and quality objectives
- Good human relations, interpersonal and collaboration skills
Caterpillar is proud of the role we play in building the world's infrastructure. The work we do drives progress for millions of people around the globe.
- Prior planning or shop experience
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position.
Dec 14, 2012, 12:59:59 AM
United States-Texas-Kilgore-KILGORE01-Global Mining - Kilgore
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Caterpillar - 15 months ago
Caterpillars may crawl, but this company isn't fuzzy about earthmoving machinery and agricultural equipment. Considered #1 in the...