Caterpillar’s Section Manager position leads teams and supervises people across multiple employee categories / payrolls in manufacturing sections to maximize efficiency in quality, velocity and cost.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Monitors and improves shop floor safety, aggressively eliminates unsafe processes
* Assures fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules
* Determines priorities and sequences jobs
* Schedules and prioritizes constrained resources, and adjusts staffing to meet flow and customer requirements
* Determines and executes disciplinary action when appropriate
* Procures and distributes production material to meet schedules
* Increase production efficiency through continuous improvement and waste elimination
* Ensures preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule
* Implements, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification and others
* Evaluates, assess, identifies and leads the deployment of workforce training
* Section Value Stream Mapping
* Actively deploys section value stream improvements
* Practices and teaches CPS Guiding Principles
* Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogs with Team Leads and Team Members
* Drives root cause corrective action projects and drives continuous improvement
* Leads section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics
* Leads the creation, implementation and training of standard work procedures
* University degree in a Manufacturing or business-related discipline
* 3-5 years of experience in Lean Manufacturing, manufacturing operations processes, materials and / or quality
* Good communication, interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skills
* Prior experience in manufacturing / operations planning and / or manufacturing experience; and
* Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers.
Where will you take your career? Where do you want to go? You can continue to learn, grow and contribute within one company, Caterpillar.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
May 28, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-Georgia-LaGrange-LAGRANGE01-LaGrange GA Plant-US
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Caterpillar - 14 months ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...