"We will use our role as the area’s leading health insurer to provide affordable access to healthcare and to improve the health and wellness of our members."
Summary of Position:
Plans, develops, and implements security measures, which safeguard access to corporate data.
Essential Accountabilities – Other duties may be assigned:
Principal Challenges – List the most typical and/or most complex problems or challenges faced in performing the job:
- Assists in the development and implementation of security policies and procedures.
- Enforces security policies and procedures by administering and monitoring data security profiles, reviews security violation reports and investigates possible security exceptions, updates and maintains and documents security controls.
- Provides input in the evaluation of products and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness.
- Provides direct support to the business and IT staff for security related issues. Educates IT and business staff about security policies and consults on security regarding user built/managed systems.
To be determined
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
Qualifications – The following qualifications are representative of the basic knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job at a satisfactory level. Reasonable accommodations may need to be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information to groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Other (please specify)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education and Years of Experience:
- Advanced level testing skills.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or other relevant academic discipline, and 1-2 years of prior information systems experience; or any combination of education and experience providing the types and levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the job.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations Required:
Physical Demands – The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
Work Environment - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
- Stands and/or walks occasionally.
- Sits for prolonged periods.
- Uses fingers, hands and arms extensively for using a computer keyboard and writing.
- Occasional reaching with arms and hands.
- Frequent speaking and hearing.
- Close and distant vision and an ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an environmentally-controlled office setting with no exposure to adverse conditions.