The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Network Security team is responsible for combating security threats from the Internet which affect Amazon and its customers. We develop systems to monitor and defend one of the largest, distributed networks in the world. Our tools detect, diagnose and respond to security threats in real-time, ensuring the fastest possible response to threats aimed at AWS infrastructure and applications. We are highly customer centric and work closely with them to develop new features that serve their needs.
We are looking for highly talented, motivated and innovative team players who are capable of operating in a high pace environment. You must be able to research, innovate and create unique solutions. There is no precedent to follow in this problem space.
You will be involved from inception to deployment and beyond. You’ll interact with our customers, gathering requirements, designing, implementing, testing and supporting the product operationally; soup to nuts.
You will be expected to use your strong technical background and have a significant impact on the direction of the applications we develop.
To succeed in this position you will require a strong sense of ownership and be obsessive about our customer needs.
- Excellent C/C++ programmer
- Knowledge of Linux packet processing methods
- Knowledge of networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS, UDP, TCP and BGP.
- Experience building and operating line rate packet processing systems
- Experience working in network wide security.
- Experience with DDoS security threats
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Experience working in Linux based environments.
- A passion for defining and growing a business.
- BSc in Comp Sc. or equivalent
- Knowledge of xtables
- Linux Kernel Level programming
- Experience with Firewall and proxy devices
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...