GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Security Architect is a highly influential technical leadership role within the Life Care Solutions organization, creating and driving the business’ security strategy. Enhance your ability to communicate across all parts of the GE Healthcare organization. As a key member of the technical staff, you will interact with all functions in the organization to drive a new vision of security and privacy into the Life Care Solutions business.
• Define a system-wide, layered defense-in-depth, security and privacy vision, architecture, and requirements for all products within the Life Care Solutions businesses.
• Define common security and privacy solutions and drive reusable software components into products and systems.
• Collaborate with program teams to assess product security and privacy needs and develop remediation plans.
• Collaborate with central security and privacy teams to drive GE and GE Healthcare initiatives into products and engineering operations.
• Supports Marketing and customer inquiries and help prepare customer facing material for security and privacy.
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in one of the following: User Authentication protocols – AAA systems, LDAP, Kerberos, Active Directory; Data Authentication protocols – 802.11x, EAP, WEP, WPA2
Cryptographic protocols – SSL, TLS, IPSEC; Computer protection methods – firewalls, anti-virus, white-listing; Data privacy methods – PHI anonymization methods, encryption.
• Experience designing Privacy and Security solutions, including system hardening, IT systems integration, or network hardening.
• Ability and willingness to travel 5-10% (both Domestic and International)
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States full-time.
• Must be willing to work in our Milwaukee, Wisconsin facility full-time.
• Must be willing to submit to a drug test, and background check – to include verification of previous employment, criminal history and educational background.
• Must submit application for employment through gecareers.com (or COS if internal) to be considered.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
• 7 or more years of experience working in hardware, software, network, or systems design with technical depth in at least one engineering discipline.
• Demonstrated technical domain knowledge by being current on engineering design principles, architectures and advancements in clinical and engineering concepts and technologies.
• Proven ability to solve challenging problems and deliver timely and high quality design solutions when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands, and technical risks.
• Demonstrated ability to make recommendations to technical and program leadership to improve the product, process or technology.
• Effective communication skills and ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
• Demonstrated organizational, functional, and leadership expertise to lead a small team on a project, sub-system or platform initiative.
• Working knowledge of security and privacy standards.
• Strong Systems Engineering experience.
• System design requirements proficiency.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Outstanding communication, facilitation and influencing skills
• High passion and energy and ability to energize others.
• Experience working with medical devices.
• Experience working with patient monitoring products.
• Experience working on global teams.
• Strong analytical, trouble-shooting skills.
• Self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and learn quickly.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to listen to customers, build relationships, and work under pressure.
• Hands-on approach with regards to installations, upgrades, and repairs.
• Project leadership skills.
• Adaptable/Flexible: Being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and the ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
• Clear thinking: Simplifying strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information, and communicating priorities clearly and concisely.
• •External focus: Understanding customer needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends, and the competitive landscape in the industry/function and considering the external impact of business activities and decisions on the external environment
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 20 months ago
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the...