The Security Architect
enterprise information by determining security requirements; educating,
planning, implementing, and testing security capabilities; preparing
security standards, policies, and procedures; mentoring team members.
Security Architect Job Duties:
security accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of
solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less
experienced BTS members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business
strategies and requirements; researching information security
standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and
risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying
integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Plans security
systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing
requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs),
virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related
security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs),
including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures
as well as hardware and software security measures; adhering to
- In conjunction with the Production Services team:
security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and
equipment; directing equipment and software installation and
calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating,
transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support;
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies,
and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and
conducting training programs.
- Upgrades security systems by
monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating
and implementing enhancements.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices
and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading
professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating
in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and
organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and
different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job
- Financial Services experience.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or other related technology degree.
- 5-7 years developing security architecture elements especially robust valuation techniques
- Significant experience with numerous hardware, networking, and software security technologies
- Experience with all phases of the SDLC including maintenance as well as multiple specific SDLC methodologies
- Experience with all elements of change control
- Experience with all major forms of quality assurance in the data center
- Preferred experience with leading project teams including the development of project management deliverables
- Experience in developing project scoping and scaling deliverables
- Experience in ITIL, COBIT, SABSA and other related frameworks
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Proven capacity to work independently and manage multiple, competing demands
- Able to take high level requirements and develop security architecture and create designs/prototypes of solutions
specific experience with particular infrastructure platforms: Wintel,
Linux, Active Directory, SQL, Oracle, DataPower, Cisco, VPN, Web,
Mobile, Cloud, Collaboration, Data Streaming, Saas, Paas, MaaS, Network
Security, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Protocols, Networking
Standards, Software Security, Data Security, DDOS prevention,
Information Security Policies
- SABSA certification desired
offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create
an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
LPL Financial Services - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard