Contract to Perm
Security Architect Duties:
Security Architect Position Requirements
- Work closely with application development and QA teams to help formulate and implement a strategy for software security that is tailored to the specific risks facing the organization, including threat modeling and applications security advisement services.
- Develop and maintain a balanced application security program based on a well-defined application security framework (i.e. Open Security Application Maturity Model - OpenSAMM).
- Conduct application security assessments / penetrations tests and implement tools for dynamic/static code reviews, including the implementation of Web Application Firewalls (WAFs).
- Ensure application design and implementation best-practice with role-based and appropriate access standards, as well as integration with Identity and Access Management environments.
- Ensure compliance with Society, regulatory and industry standards for application security.
- Continuously evaluate the organization's existing application security practices, define and measure security-related activities, and demonstrating concrete improvements to the application assurance program within the organization.
- Provide secure application development training to developers and provide web-based training for ongoing awareness.
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://atlanta.vereduscorp.com/
- College degree with advanced degree preferred.
- CSSLP certification preferred.
- Must have strong business acumen with ability to work with application development, QA and security teams.
- A strong understanding of application security frameworks (i.e. OpenSAMM).
- Experience selecting and implementing Identity and Access Management solutions and helping address issues and ensure PCI compliance desired.
- Must have a solid understanding of application security code reviews and penetration testing.
- 8+ years experience in application development and security.
- Practical understanding and use of commercial application security tools (i.e. Fortify, Appscan, Veracode).
- Practical understanding and use of Web Application Firewalls (WAF's)
- Must be fluent in Excel and PowerPoint, along with ability to write technical reports based on findings.
- Highly proficient with development languages including Java, C/C++, .NET, C#, and Python.
- Strong self-starter who has the ability to operate independently.
- Has solid understanding and experience with establishing application security policies across an organization.
Candidates work with a professional Recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means the have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. The also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides full benefits starting Day 1, and at virtually no cost to you.
Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
ATOP Accrued Time Off Program
Consultant Lunches and Outings
Care packas/Survival packs
Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus has been recognized as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" by Staffing Industry Analysts the last 3 years in a row.
Nervous about an upcoming interview Want to be as prepared as possible
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview:
Veredus Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Drug testing may be required; please contact Recruiter for more information.
Veredus Corporation - 17 months ago
Veredus provides the best IT professionals for contract and permanent placement. By taking the time to understand each company’s...