SOS Security is accepting applications for Console Operator's in the NY, NY area
Console Operator is responsible for administering the Global Corporate Security Crisis Notification Process and for monitoring all incidents/events and alarms, including man-made and natural disasters, weather related phenomenon, power and equipment outages, accidents, workplace violence, theft, breach/loss of Information/data , etc., that could potentially impact the company’s assets, including but not limited to: Monitored and Non-Monitored Domestic and International Facilities and Offices, Brands, Personnel, Proprietary Information and Reputation.
Additionally, the Console Operator monitors and analyzes information received via telephone, e-mail, Internet and TV/Media Outlets. Initiates timely and accurate e-mail and telephone notifications based on the type and criticality of information received, to Global Corporate Security Management and to Key Company Stakeholders, including Site Management Teams and Senior Management. Communicates directly with affected sites/personnel and provides subsequent timely and accurate follow-up communications to all concerned parties until the event or incident is satisfactorily resolved.
Initiates primary contact calls for various corporate contingency plans and participates in security and crisis management contingency exercises.
Collates data and prepares various operational reports, u pdates and maintains Emergency Response Plans (ERP’s), Site Information Forms, Country Folders, Maps, Spreadsheets and Emergency/ Personnel Contact Lists as required/requested by management. Prepares and distributes a daily/overnight Security Report.
Operates and monitors multiple Access Control/Alarm Monitoring (C-Cure) and Digital Video Recording (DVR) systems, e-mail/messaging systems and phone lines, including the Crisis Hotline.
Responds to active C-Cure alarms, such as Door Forced, Duress, Fire, Server Room and Environmental alarms in a timely manner utilizing all available resources including card access records, DVR’s and by contacting on-site personnel when necessary. Initiates alarm notifications to Global Corporate Security Management, Site Management and/or Law Enforcement/Emergency Services as necessary. Provides subsequent and timely updates to all concerned parties until resolution of event/incident.
Prepares and cancels identification cards and ensures that access requests are authorized by relevant management personnel before granting access. Professionally answers telephone calls from internal and external customers & business partners identifying security and facility related issues. Accurately communicates all actions taken telephonically, verbally and in written form. Interacts and communicates daily with employees, contract security personnel, vendors and visitors. Receives and documents ‘Check Calls’ from on-site contract security personnel.
Ability to work a regularly scheduled work week, that may include days/nights/overnights and weekends depending on assigned schedule and/or operational needs.
Perform all required hours & associated duties/tasks as required by Management. Convey a professional image and demeanor at all times. Maintain confidentiality in line with the corporate code of ethics policy.
At least one year of verifiable security experience is preferred
SOS Security Incorportated
- Knowledge of Security Console operations is preferred
- Knowledge of digital video recording (DVR) and access control/alarm monitoring systems, C-Cure 800 experience is preferred
- Bi-Lingual or Multi-Lingual is desirable
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a high tech’ environment and observe and respond to activity on multiple cameras and alarm screens
- Must have excellent computer skills and be familiar with the Microsoft Windows operating environment and the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have High School Diploma
- Must be able to pass a background screening to include a criminal history check
- Must obtain NY State Guard Certification, CPR/AED & First Aid certification prior to commencement of employment