Security Consultant Intern
NetSPI is a fast-growing information security company that provides a variety of server, network, and application penetration testing services. Consultants have the opportunity to work with clients in many industries including financial services, health care, technology, and retail. Our team members utilize creativity, business knowledge, and technical skills in their daily work and are encouraged to develop and share ideas within the security community. As a result, opportunities to contribute to new and innovative tools, techniques, and methodologies are always available.
As an Intern, you will serve as support and special projects resource for NetSPI’s penetration test team. You will gain hands-on penetration testing experience with commonly used tools/software/processes along with learning NetSPI’s methodology. You will be provided with opportunities to work on client projects to acquire the skills and knowledge that allow for promotion to full-time Security Consultants. Additionally, you’ll maintain and manage team tool sets, licenses, system builds, and vulnerable systems.
As a member of the NetSPI team, you will be part of a fun and collaborative work environment that offers many amenities such as a pinball machine, bubble hockey machine, MAME machine, PS3, Xbox 360, and a Wii.
• Maintain penetration testing resources such as laptops and infrastructure
• Contribute to the research and development of innovative penetration testing techniques, tools, and methodologies
• Assist with web, mobile, and thick application penetration tests
• Assist with external, internal, and wireless network penetration tests
Core Competencies & Requirements:
• Earned or pursuant of a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Math or similar disciplines
• Familiarity with offensive toolkits used for network and application penetration testing
• Familiarity with offensive and defensive IT concepts
• Knowledge of common IT systems (e.g., Windows, Linux) and basic administration skills
• Previous internships in IT or IT Security preferred
• Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Ruby, Python, Perl, C, C++, Java, and C#
• Knowledge of network protocols and design
• Strong communication and writing skills
At NetSPI, we offer a comprehensive approach to information security. To make sure we remain at the forefront of our industry, we follow...