NetSPI is a fast-growing information security company that provides a variety of server, network, and application penetration testing services. Consultants have the opportunity to work with clients in many industries including financial services, health care, technology, and retail. Our team members utilize creativity, business knowledge, and technical skills in their daily work and are encouraged to develop and share ideas within the security community. As a result, opportunities to contribute to new and innovative tools, techniques, and methodologies are always available.
Our security consultants are responsible for performing client penetration testing services including internal and external network, web, thick app, and mobile application testing. Candidates should have the knowledge and experience to quickly learn and apply NetSPI methods, standards, and tools. This is a full time position that offers a salary + bonus plan, paid vacation, home internet, mobile phone, medical/dental coverage, and 401K with company match.
• Perform web, mobile, and thick application penetration tests
• Perform external, internal, and wireless network penetration tests
• Create and deliver penetration test reports to clients
• Collaborate with clients to create remediation strategies that will help improve their security posture
• Research and develop innovative techniques, tools, and methodologies for penetration testing services
• Help define and document internal, technical, and service processes and procedures
• Contribute to the community through the development of tools, presentations, white papers, and blogs
Core Competencies & Requirements:
• Minimum of 2 years experience with Application Security and/or Penetration Testing
• Familiarity with offensive toolkits used for Network and Application Penetration Testing
• Familiarity with offensive and defensive IT concepts
• Knowledge of Linux and/or Windows Administration
• Up to 25% travel
• Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred with a concentration in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or IT
• Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Ruby, Python, Perl, C, C++, Java, and C#
• Knowledge of network protocols and design
• Strong communication and writing skills
• GXPN, GPEN, OSCP, CISSP, GWAPT or similar certifications
Founded in 2001, NetSPI is an information security company based in Minneapolis, with an office in New York City. The NetSPI goal is objective, strategic guidance to help clients improve their security posture, ensure compliance with relevant standards and reduce overall IT risk.
NetSPI - 16 months ago