San Francisco, Atlanta
Virtustream is looking for an experienced Security Developer with strong experience in delivering security solutions for virtualized solutions for carriers, hosting providers, and enterprises. This role will be responsible for the design and implementation of the existing and next generation virtualized security platform and supporting systems.
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE - SKILLS:
- The candidate shall be responsible for Development of software based on an existing security model, virtual infrastructure and orchestration product.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to develop and drive an overall, integrated cloud computing/virtualization strategy
- Clearly articulate and document complex security and software designs for management and executive teams
- Work with technology partners to develop and provide components and systems needed to implement security strategy (E.g. Standard API)
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS –
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- At least 5 years working software development experience and at least 18 months of security specific development experience
- Experience in developing enterprise class software
- Demonstrated technical leadership and ability to work as a team member
- Knowledge of vulnerability and penetration testing.
- Good understanding of SDLC process
- Good understanding of OWASP and top 20 threats
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills coupled with a strong interest in leading edge virtualization technologies
- In-depth experience with encryption, authentication, intrusion detection, and firewall technologies
- Excellent knowledge of enterprise security components and challenges
- Excellent knowledge of virtualization, operating systems, information governance
- Knowledge of virtual network gear, Software-Defined Network technology
- Good understanding and support of Separation of Duties in regards to Dev, Test, Production
- CISSP/ CISA certification or other related certification is highly desired
- Minimum qualification of a BS in Information Systems, or Computer Science related degree required.
- Expert level in C# .Net in a Linux Mono environment or Java/C++ is required. Knowledge of Python will be a plus.
- Experience with network device configuration/discovery/firewall via vendor-specific API
- RDBMS - Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL. Knowledge of MongoDB
- Message queuing technologies - RabbitMQ is a plus.
- Knowledge of Web Application Servers such as JBOSS highly desired
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture concepts and Software Modularity
- Knowledge of identity management, and single sign on (e.g. SAML)
- Knowledge of encryption technologies (data at rest and in motion), Cryptography (CAPI/JCE etc.) and Encryption SDK’s
- Knowledge of security appliances (IDS/IPS/Firewalls/Anti-Virus)
- Knowledge of SNMP, RMON, Logging, SCAP, SIEM and GRC tools
- Knowledge of Virtualization Technologies
- Software Design, Coding, Testing and Implementation Skills, including any of the following technologies: Web services (SOAP/WSDL), REST API, XML, HTTP.
- Broad technical knowledge with a strong background in Software Development/Architecture
- Ability to manage many streams of work across multiple teams toward a single goal
- Flexible attitude and ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Good team work and clear understanding of how to get from designed solution to deployed solution
Willingness and ability to rapidly learn new technologies and tool sets.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Good documentation skills
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Challenging and Rewarding Environment
Virtustream Inc. - 17 months ago