The primary responsibilities of the Information Security Engineer are to assist in the daily security operations including maintaining and monitoring critical network infrastructure. Key responsibilities include: Management/Maintenance of Firewall technology, Intrusion Prevention/Detection Systems, and Proxy/content filtering technologies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Provide for day to day management, maintenance, planning and monitoring of network security technologies (i.e. Firewall, Proxy, IPS/IDS). This includes configuration management, rule set design and device security.
Monitor and remediate threats to network infrastructure and business systems 24 x 7 x 365.
Participate in all phases of project life cycle for corporate initiatives - design, build and operate ensuring security policy and procedures are followed and implemented.
Work with the Information Services group to facilitate problem resolution and define technology standards.
Assist in the development and implementation of the Information Technology strategies and facilitate such initiatives as they relate to the Company’s network infrastructure and security program.
Provide Level II support for the Information Services Help Desk as required.
Assist in disaster recovery, business continuity, request fulfillment, and incident management processes.
Ability to work off hours maintenance windows and participate in rotating on call shift.
Develop and maintain documentation of complex systems, configurations and networks.
Proven ability to architect and implement network security solutions.
Provide for IS Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance related to project management, change management and security.
All other duties as assigned by management.
- Must have experience with networking and information security concepts. Current hands on experience with DMZ design and hardening, PKI, perimeter defense, encryption management, prevention and detection of network security issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required as this position will be responsible for working directly with end users to interpret requirements, advise on best practice and design/implement solutions.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years working with firewalls, IPS/IDS and proxy/content filtering technologies. Key technologies include but are not limited to Juniper firewalls, SSL & IPsec VPNs, Tipping Point IPS, Bluecoat Proxy servers.
- Scripting and basic programming skills are a strong positive, but not required.
- A strong understanding of routing/switching/OSI Model is required.
- Experience supporting production operations in a multi-team environment.
Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science preferred, or 2 to 4 years Information Technology field related experience.
Aqua America, Inc. - 9 months ago
Aqua America helps keep water clean and people quenched. It is a holding company for regulated utilities that provide water distribution and...