Looking for a seasoned security engineer that has a positive attitude and ability to think and work independently in a growing security environment. This person should have 3-4 years experience in a security response, systems administration, or network administration role and be able to follow processes and execute effectively.
Skills and knowledge:
• Minimum two years of professional experience and a bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field.
• Requirements include experience with developing and implementing IT security plans and Internet security
• Exposure to open source infrastructure management, and automation, and security tools. (Nessus, Nmap, tcpdump/wireshark, snort, burp, etc)
• Experience with Splunk, OSSEC, McAfee ePolicy Auditor, RedSeal, and MVMD
• Strong security background with industry certifications, including Certified Ethical Hacker, Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) and CISSP, among others.
• Knowledge of regulatory and compliance such as PCI, ISO, & SSAE16
• Experience and expertise with ethical hacking, firewall and intrusion detection/prevention technologies, secure coding practices and threat modeling
• Ability to perform threat, vulnerability and risk assessments against environment
• Ability to perform security tool administration providing risk analysis of Vulnerability scanners (Qualys), and incidents
• Security event logging & monitoring analyzing Intrusion Detection/Prevention System (IDS/IPS) and firewall logs, sys logs, event logs, etc
• Solid working experience and knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems 3 - 5 years of experience in network, server or application security positions
• Knowledge with Unix shell scripting, Bourne shell
• Knowledge with Oracle DB mysql and mssql
• Fundamentals of network routing & switching and understanding of L2/L3 network layers
• Security related experience included Data-at-rest encryption, certificate validation, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, SEIMs and Log Management, syslog analysis, HTTP and TCP/IP analysis, and vulnerability assessment to include; cross-site scripting, SQL injection, cross-site request forgery, HTTP response splintering, the OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25.
• Web application penetration testing experience identifying architectural design weaknesses from analyzing a web application
• Respond to incoming security-related issues
• Daily review of security logs from McAfee ePolicy , Splunk, and OSSEC
• Generate Qualys and MVMD reports as necessary
• Validate vulnerabilities based on reports through Qualys and RedSeal
• Proactively look for ways to improve network and infrastructure security practices
• Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives to secure a SaAS environment
• Functions as technical lead during a security incident response
• Assist in developing technology to automate security monitoring
• Provide technical security recommendations and identifies requirements based upon need or as the result of a security issue that puts organizations systems at risk.
• Proactive research to identify and understand new threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits
• Assist with evaluation of proposals and the implementation of best security practices
• Provide risk analysis for vulnerabilities, incidents and change requests
• Monitoring IDS, Firewall, and log correlation tools for potential threats
• Assist in configuration and hardening standards for systems and applications
• Assist in vulnerability assessments & penetration testing of all aspects of our infrastructure
• Assist in defining, implementing and enforcing system and network security policies
• Create, maintain, and document security baselines
• Management/review of *nix & windows host security configuration and architecture
• Assists in developing a model for our vulnerability program and event logging, monitoring program
Cisco Systems - 17 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...