The Security Specialist will provide security at OSU-UML facilities. Duties include patrolling and observing the activities of persons in and around OUS-UML Properties. Security Specialists as instructed and serve as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property, client or employees at the site. The Security Specialist will report all incidents, accidents or medical emergencies. Respond to emergencies, such as medical, fire, bomb threats and to alarms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visually patrols buildings, building grounds, and parking lots to observe unusual behavior and to prevent vandalism;
- Prevents unauthorized access to restricted areas;
- Answers routine inquiries and directs visitors to appropriate areas;
- Completes log entries;
- Insures that all visitors and staff have vacated building at closing and performs a security check of all building, gates, outlying areas;
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a Valid Driver License.
- Be able to obtain a Security Clearance.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in the English language for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
Positions typically work in an outdoor and office setting but may be assigned more physical duties such as transporting supplies and equipment. Duties typically involve managing multiple priorities, handling interruptions, deadlines and other work pressures.
CNRL is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran.