Provides security at a large office complex. Must maintain a professional image & attitude in keeping the objectives of the company's welfare. Must be able to take direction from supervisor and able to maintain positive relationships with all management & non-management associates.
Practices and implements conduct in accordance with established policies and procedures and division motto of "Exceptional Service is Our Standard."
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Follows all post orders as assigned.
• Enforcement of all security and life safety policies, rules and procedures, which are set forth by Building Management & Tenant.
• Monitoring computerized Access Control, CCTV Systems and responding to intrusion and Hold-Up (panic) alarms.
• Monitoring Class "E" Fire Alarm system and notifying Life Safety/Security Supervisor and Shift Supervisors on any alarm activations or troubles on the system.
• Monitoring and responding to the Building Intercom System.
• Monitoring computerized Elevator Management System and responding to Elevator Telephone Intercom System.
• Security Screening of all visitors to the building.
• Processing and accessing tenants and visitors into the building daily, this includes validating of ID cards and recording the information on sign-in sheets and issuing building passes.
• Answering of the Lobby Desk telephone and recording messages for building management and staff.
• Checking Property Removal Passes for tenant property leaving building.
• Preparing and submitting detailed incident reports to the Life Safety/Security Supervisor or any person in the aforementioned reporting hierarchy.
• Taking direction from all personnel in the aforementioned reporting hierarchy and the shift supervisor on duty.
• Must be available afternoons, nights & overnights (Sunday - Saturday).
• Works daily assigned shift (40hrs per week).
• Able to interact with tenants & guests as necessary.
• Responds to tenant complaints & concerns.
• Responds to fire alarms as directed by the Life Security Safety Director.
• Remain aware and alert at all times to potential security breaches.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
• Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
• Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• HS diploma or High School Equivalency Certificate.
• Previous security experience preferred.
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid Government issued ID.
• Valid NYS Security/ Unarmed Guard License.
• Must join Union Local 670.
• English speaking.
• Good communication & customer service skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as: safety rules, operational and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports.
• Standing for prolonged periods of time in various weather conditions.
Drug Free Workplace
Special note to third party recruiters: Forest City Enterprises values its relationships with our vendor partners. Occasionally we invite third party recruiters to assist us in filling an open requisition, and resumes must be submitted only through our talent supplier portal by those firms authorized to present candidates to us. Currently we are not seeking assistance from any third party or contingency recruiters for this position, and any resumes sent via email, internet or any other means will be considered unsolicited and Forest City will not be responsible for placement fees.
Forest City Enterprises - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard