As the nation's first multi-campus charter school, Friendship Public Charter School has been producing college-ready students for over 15 years. From Preschool through 12th grade, Friendship invests in providing a rigorous academic curriculum that enables our children to excel as ethical, literate, and well-rounded leaders in a 21st century economy. We surpass our peers across the District in public education with a 91% graduation and college entrance rate. To this end, we also hold the quality, success, and development of our teachers with paramount importance. We provide a number of professional growth and development opportunities which have afforded us both the 2010 and 2011 DC Teachers of the Year, and 3 outstanding school principals who launched their careers in our classrooms.
The Security Guard performs all tasks directly related to providing a safe, secure learning and working environment at their assigned school, including the physical security of the building and grounds, the safety of the assigned staff, students, and visitors at the school, and the safeguarding and protection of Friendship Public Charter School system assets.
- Opens and unlocks the building, grounds, and parking lots, preparing the facility to receive staff and students
- Secures and locks the building and facility at the end of the day, ensuring that all gates and doors are secure, and that the building alarm system is activated. Staffs various posts in order to provide the appropriate security presence and coverage, ensuring personnel safety, physical security, and asset protection
- Observe the students as they approach the building and grounds, ensuring that they are observing all applicable traffic laws
- Conduct and observe student in-take procedures, including searches of all entering students
- Conduct and observe searches of all personal property entering the building, including briefcases, computer bags, pocketbooks and purses, student's book bags, backpacks, and lunch boxes
- Monitor the student dismissal and egress from the building at the end of the class day. This includes observing the students as they depart the grounds, and ensuring that they are safely crossing at the crosswalks
- Perform security walk-through of the school, in accordance with the assigned daily schedule, and as directe
- Carry and maintain a security notebook at all times. Be prepared to document all unusual or security-related events in that notebook as the events unfold
- Prepare a formal Incident Report for submission to the Head of Security, when required, or directed
- Obtain statements from students, staff, or teachers as appropriate to properly document significant events, which occurred during that day's shift
FPCS’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, status as a special disabled veteran, or any other protected criteria as established by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to recruitment and hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. Employment decisions at FPCS are based solely upon relevant criteria, including an individual’s capabilities, qualifications, training, experience and suitability.
- Graduation from high school OR GED a minimum of 2 years of experience in security (school experience is preferable)
- Police experience or higher education may be substituted
- A valid District of Columbia Security Officers license issued by the Metropolitan Police Department
Friendship Public Charter Schools - 23 months ago