Part-Time Hourly Position
16 hours a week
79 hours per month or
479 hours per consecutive six (6) months
958 hours per 12-month anniversary period
(We do not guarantee 958 hours per 12-month anniversary period)
Position: Open Until Filled
This is a Continuous Recruitment
Olympic College is continuously recruiting for Security Guard positions that may occur throughout the year at various campuses. The Security Guard maintains campus security by inspection of buildings and grounds.
Continuous Recruitment listings are for potential future needs and do not necessarily reflect a current open position. Applications received in response to these listings will be considered when an actual need is identified.
PAY RATE : $14.50/hour
Examples of Duties:
- Patrol and inspect an assigned area of buildings and grounds to maintain security from fire, theft, illegal entry, property damage, or unauthorized use of buildings;
- Lock doors and windows; report needed repairs and safety hazards to proper authority;
- Make regular rounds; activate security alarm system after securing buildings;
- Receive, check, and sign for registered mail and other deliveries made after normal working hours;
- May be required to provide escort service;
- Provide directions upon request;
- May be required to perform first aid;
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Physical capacity to perform duties.
- Possession of a valid Washington State driver’s license upon date of hire.
- Must pass a state approved background check.
One year of experience in related areas of work such as: security guard, police officer, police reserve office, military police or correctional officer or store investigations, or other law enforcement work. OR a certificate of completion in a basic law enforcement training program.
Successful applicants will be able to :
· Demonstrate the physical capacity to perform duties;
· Demonstrate success working with individuals and groups representing a wide range of diverse cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds;
· Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
· Function as a team player;
· Demonstrate proficiency in the appropriate computer software;
· Understand oral and written instructions;
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships;
· Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the Olympic College mission, diversity, and learning-centered climate;
- Uphold Olympic College’s values and ethics necessary to maintain a positive climate.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT :
- Must pass a c riminal b ackground r ecords c heck.
- If you are hired, you will need to provide proof of identity and documentation of U.S. citizenship or appropriate authorization to work in this position as required by the Immigration Reform Control Act of 1986.
WORKING CONDITIONS :
This position requires punctual and regular attendance. This job requires a lot of outside activities in all kinds of weather, interpersonal contact with a wide variety of people and situations that could become volatile.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position. The employee may be required to lift and carry equipment and supplies of up to 30 pounds. Position requires walking the entire campus multiple times per shift and/or driving the campus mini-cart.
All application materials become the property of Olympic College.
Not responsible for email or fax error.
Corrected or extended notices for this recruitment will be posted in the Human Resource Services Office and the Olympic College web site.
Human Resource Services
College Service Center, Fifth Floor
1600 Chester Avenue
Bremerton, WA 98337-1699
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (360) 475-7300
Employment questions: firstname.lastname@example.org