Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
Rosecroft Raceway is currently looking for a Security Officer to join the team.
- This position is responsible for providing superior service to our guests
- Patrols, periodically, all buildings and grounds of Rosecroft and may be called upon to regulate vehicle and pedestrian traffic
- Maintain highly visible patrols to insure a safe gaming experience
- Assure quality support to other departments so that they may serve guests more effectively
- Maintain public order and enforcing safety rules
- Responsible for protecting property and assets
- Prepares a check list of all routine patrols by recording any property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment.
- Promote the property promotions and events
- Create fun and excitement with the customer
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Effective communication (written and verbal)
- Previous customer service experience
- Able to handle stressful situations dealing with the general public
- Ability to work in an environment, which may be noisy and/or have excessive cigarette smoke
- Ability to identify and quickly respond to potential problems and conflicts and defend self and others in combative situations
- Ability to effectively and efficiently move around all work areas including walking and standing for long periods of time
- Ability to multi tasking as required (security officers cover a wide variety of different posts and work with all departments)
- Required to initiate positive interactions with guests and employees
- Actively patrolling sections/floor looking for interaction opportunities, answering calls while still maintaining the ability to build relationships
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- CPR certification is desirable.
- Must qualify for the Maryland State Racing Commission License.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with:
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc.
- 20 months ago - save job