Security Guards are responsible for patrolling the premises and ensuring the security of the facilities. This position also completes inspections to ensure safety. Security Guards must be available to work nights and weekends. The hours and duties may vary by location.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Operate vehicle and perform all tasks in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Patrol company properties to prevent and detect signs of intrusion, vandalism, suspicious activities or people, and safety/fire hazards.
- Ensure the security of doors, windows, and gates by inspecting to verify they are closed, locked and alarms set.
- Respond to alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance of after-hours visitors, employees, or others, to maintain the security of the premises.
- Prepare reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized people, or unusual circumstances.
- Call police or fire departments in case of emergency.
- Inspect and adjust security systems or equipment to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Arm and/or disarm building alarms.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with all employees, co-workers, and management.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job.
- Must possess knowledge of basic security and fire inspection procedures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Must possess professional demeanor.
- Must be able to work independently, identify issues, make decisions, assist management, and resolve problems.
- Self-starter, aggressive work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Safety conscious.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
· Legally eligible to work in the United States.
· Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals and training.
· Good Driving record; able to meet Rumpke driving qualifications.
· Must be able to work nights and weekends, including holidays.
- Exposure to various areas/buildings within the location.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold, and fumes.