Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures that all assigned first aid kits, flashlights, portable fire extinguishers, traffic control devices, laptop, copier/scanner, and other such items are accounted for and in good working order.
- Confirms that an up to date emergency contact list consisting of the closest medical responders, local law enforcement is readily available in the guard shack.
- Greets and logs all visitors, both entering and exiting the assigned location.
- Maintains a written log of all visitors/passengers along with vehicle tags and vehicle descriptions.
- Conducts visual inspections of the passenger and opened cargo areas of all vehicles and confirm that they are not leaking any type of vehicle fluids, or fluids of any kind and recheck as they are leaving the location.
- Reviews the JSA/JRA, and HSE requirements, and other site specific rules and regulations before access to the location is granted.
- Reports all suspicious activities, first verbally, and again in writing by filling out a report.
- Provides emergency medical assistance as required.
- Provides in writing any security deficiencies and report them in an expeditious manner.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- First Responder Certification preferred.
- Texas Non-Commissioned Guard License a plus (ability to obtain license required)
- Current and valid Texas Drivers License
- Must be flexible with schedule and willing to travel.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate professionally and effectively with employees and managers. Must possess the ability to write simple correspondence or reports. Must possess the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees and/or managers.
- Knowledge in the use of PC application such as Microsoft Office products, (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.)