Under the direction of the Department of Security Services, the Security Investigator will provide safety and security services at their assignment. Additional duties will be maintaining confidential records and preparing reports of investigations. Individual will partner with school Administrators to develop programs that will ensure a safe and secure school environment.
CLOSING DATE: May 9, 2013
- Investigating and detecting of criminal and quasi-criminal activity in the school system;
- Identifying those involved in such activity by interviewing complainants and witnesses, by observation and collection of physical evidence;
- Assisting the school administration in the maintenance of law and order in the school creating a safe environment for study;
- Attending and assisting with security functions during extra-curricular activities;
- Reporting findings to the principal, Director of Security Services and when required, to the appropriate police agency;
- Appear as a witness or complainant in court proceedings.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Completion of a standard high school course supplemented by college level training in law enforcement and criminal investigation or an equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities;
- Successful completion of a certified Maryland Police Training Academy;
- Considerable experience in the security and investigative field preferably with experience as a police officer or certified law enforcement agency, or retired within 5 years;
- Holds or is eligible for certification Maryland State Police and Correctional Commission within the required time period;
- Ability to obtain a Maryland Special Police Commission from the Maryland State Police;
- Ability to maintain a valid motor vehicle license;
- Good knowledge of modern methods and practices of criminal investigation and crime prevention techniques and applicable laws;
- Ability to conduct thorough investigations and follow them through to a legal and logical conclusion;
- Ability to deal tactfully with school personnel, parents and students to gain their support and cooperation;
- Keen sense of observation and memory;
- Sound judgment and logical reasoning;
- Excellent communication skills including both written and oral capabilities.
Direct Deposit is expected as a condition of new hire employment.
Based on the settlement agreement reached in Administrator, Wage and Hour Division, U.S. Department of Labor v. Prince George's County Board of Education, OALJ Case No. 2011-LCA-00026, PGCPS is ineligible to sponsor foreign nationals for U.S. employment under any temporary or permanent visa program. As a condition of employment, all applicants for employment must be qualified to work in the United States without sponsorship by PGCPS. If you are not work-authorized and would require PGCPS to sponsor you for a work visa you will not be considered for employment
Prince George's County Public Schools - 15 months ago