Security Investigator - Conducts investigations of internal and external losses. Evaluates cases for patterns and trends. Conducts security inspection of banking offices. |
- Conducts investigations of internal and external losses.
- Writes detailed reports on all investigative cases and maintains in depth records and documentation.
- Evaluates cases for patterns and trends.
- Ensures proactive and aggressive recovery measures are taken in all cases where the Bank suffers a loss from fraudulent activity including working with Collections, Legal and outside counsel or other agencies as necessary.
- Works with courts, law enforcement agencies, Bank security officials, and other security groups to help identify emerging risks, fraud trends, and schemes to proactively act to minimize loss to the Bank.
- Conducts security inspection of branches.
- Adheres to bank policies and procedures and complies with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Follows, or in some cases establishes, as required, effective controls and processes to ensure risks are measured, monitored and controlled and compliance requirements are adhered to on an on-going basis.
- Keeps abreast of risk-related changes that may impact assigned work functions and processes.
Other Traits, Characteristics, and Experience
- Associate's Degree required or equivalent of 2 years of Fraud/Security Investigation experience.
- 3-5 years experience in a position that required high-volume research, documentation, and detailed reporting writing.
- Experience with investigations of white collar crimes, financial crimes, credit card fraud, etc.
- Prior Security Investigator experience and or/law enforcement background preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice preferred.
- Must have strong analytical skills and effective problem solving skills.
- Possesses the ability to identify trends and issues associated to cases.
- Strong documentation skills. Must be able to clearly organize and document information and results.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer (PC) and Internet proficiency.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Huntington does not accept solicitations from Third Party Recruiters.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: To demonstrate our commitment to health and wellness, Huntington will not hire tobacco users (where permitted by applicable state law). Candidates applying for positions in those states will be notified of this practice during the recruitment process and, if offered a position, will be screened for tobacco use before they begin employment. If the position to which youre applying is covered by this practice, the job application will provide greater detail as to what constitutes tobacco use.