General Summary of Duties :
Responsible to oversee and directly manage the Surveillance Department to provide a safe and secure hotel environment for all guests and employees through effective management of security personnel.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands :
Requires mobility. Requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and kneeling. Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace. Ability to grasp, lift, and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 150 pounds. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letters, symbols, and colors. Normal vision and hearing range.
Typical Working Conditions :
Work is performed in all areas of the hotel. Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination, and air quality.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following) :
1. Investigate accidents, thefts, property loss, and unlawful activities.
2. Review and correct all incoming security incident reports.
3. Conduct investigations and submit necessary supplemental reports pertaining to reported losses by guests and/or employees.
4. Schedule labor force and assign work for efficient use of equipment and personnel.
5. Ensure compliance by all security personnel with Company and departmental rules and procedures.
6. Plan, manage, and monitor work as well as hiring, communicating, coaching staff, and building relationships.
7. Maintain a working relationship with local, municipal, and governmental law enforcement agencies, insurance carriers, etc.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Performance Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities) :
Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws. Effective supervisory and communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with guest, management, and staff. Well organized and demonstrated strong problem solving skills. Ability to read, write, and understand English. Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.
High school education or equivalent. College course work in criminology preferred.
M inimum of three years security operations experience. Two years supervisory experience preferred.
CPR certification and first-aid training.
Fontainebleau Resorts - 13 months ago