Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Provide twenty four hour security services for assigned City facilities and property, including vehicles and equipment; protect facilities from unlawful intrusion and criminal acts and ensure public safety.
This is a safety sensitive position subject to random drug/alcohol testing.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements:
Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
High school or GED supplemented by thirty (30) credit hours of specialized training in law enforcement, security procedures or a related field, plus one (1) year of security experience.
Possession of a New Mexico Driver's License (Class D), or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within six (6) months from date of hire.
Possession of an expandable baton certificate within six (6) months from date of hire into position.
Possession of an appropriate valid defensive driver course, handcuffing & chemical weapon (OC) course certificate within six (6) months from date of hire into position.
- Principles and practices of security procedures
- Principles and practices of fire safety and evacuation procedures
- Methods and techniques of two-way radio communication
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment
- Principles and procedures of record keeping and basic report preparation
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations
- Safe work practices
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Provide security services to City facilities
- Investigate crimes and make sound recommendations
- Enforce City codes, ordinances, rules and regulations
- Interpret and explain City policies and procedures
- Prepare clear and concise reports
- Effectively use an expandable baton, handcuffs and chemical agents
- Operate two-way radio
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
City of Albuquerque - 30+ days ago