Controls access to client facility; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the facility.
Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client and its security department.
Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the facility and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
Monitors entrances and exits; prevents unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
Prepares logs or reports as required for post; writes or types reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the post.
Responds to emergencies in a an orderly manner utilizing proper training and following all SOPs.
Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned post.
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.; related experience preferred.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing ):
· Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
· Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures.
· Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
· Ability to be an effective team member.
· Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
· Courteous telephone manner.
· Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
· Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
· Good organizational skills.
· Ability to provide high quality customer service.
· Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.