POSITION SUMMARY (Briefly describe the purpose of the position)
The Security Officer is responsible for ensuring the physical safety of employees and visitors, and to safeguard and protect the assets and property of our Envision facility located at 610 N. Main, Wichita, KS.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (List in order of importance)
• Secure the premises and personnel of Envision by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting building, equipment, access points.
• Monitor arrival and departure of employees, visitors, and vendors to guard against theft and/or violence; permit/deny entry as appropriate.
• Greet guests and employees with courteous attitude and assists both as needed, for example, by escorting them from and to the parking lot, giving directions, etc.
• Obtain the assistance of local law enforcement agencies in cases of emergencies by sounding alarms, assisting in the orderly evacuation of employees/visitors/clients and other emergency functions as appropriate.
• Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities, informing violators of policy and procedures and redirecting trespassers, when appropriate and can be accomplished in a safe manner.
• Control traffic and parking by directing visitors/guests of the facility, when appropriate.
• Completes reports by recording daily/weekly observations of violations and surveillance activities and by interviewing witnesses of violations and surveillance activities.
• Checks doors of building at appropriate times to ensure they are tightly closed and locked.
• Ensures the ongoing mission and reputation of Envision by complying with all legal requirements and professional standards.
• Understand security and safety principles and operate with integrity and honesty.
• Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (List as required or preferred)
Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent.
Experience: One year experience in security or surveillance. Law enforcement coursework a plus.
• Extensive knowledge of the laws of Kansas and the United States.
• Security guard training acquired within first 90 days in the position.
• Professional customer service skills to assist internal and external customers.
• Good organizational skills, and the ability to work independently.
• Strong alertness and attention to detail.
• Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision making skills.
• Ability to balance physical fitness needed to detain/subdue belligerents, and emotional control.
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility in working with a diverse staff and volunteers.
Licenses/Certifications: State of Kansas Security Guard training only.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: __0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: __0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
0 Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures;
viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
0 Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or
power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks
such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
1 Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
0 Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
Envision - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -