The role of a security guard is to safeguard, patrol, and monitor any theft or violence in the premises where his duty has been assigned.
1. Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
2. Obtains help by sounding alarms.
3. Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
4. Controls traffic by directing drivers.
5. Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
6. Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
7. Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
8. Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
9. Mailroom Responsibilities
a. Under general supervision, receives and sorts mail for distribution
b. Delivers mail to pre-established areas.
c. Processes and sends outgoing mail.
d. Processes overnight shipments.
e. Monitors postage meter and other mailroom supplies.
f. May be required to assist a particular department with a large mailing or distribution
10. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
11. Additional responsibilities as assigned or directed.
* Essential Functions
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Job Related Experience:
Six months job related experience. Must be able to follow established guidelines to accomplish tasks and solve routine problems, referring non-routine matters to supervisor.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 50 LBS. Must be able to bend and twist and turn upper and lower body,
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
· Knowledge base focused on job duties and the skills required to complete duties, with basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer questions and a basic level of technical skills.
· Surveillance Skills, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management, Professionalism, Reporting Skills
ISGN is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
All candidates who have received a written offer of employment will be required to undergo a company paid drug test. Failure to submit to this test and/or to successfully test negative will result in withdrawal of the applicant's job offer.
ISGN participates in E-Verify and we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other eligible veterans.
ISGN - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard