General Description of Duties:
The Security Officer is responsible to provide the initial contact with patients in a customer services a visible presence to deter illegal, unauthorized and dangerous activity and situations on or in the clinics and clinic grounds.
The Security Officer approaches his/her tasks in a team based fashion that supports patients and their families in self management, self-efficacy and behavior change. Adheres to the spirit of the SALUD mission statement while performing assigned duties.
Works under the direct supervision of the Security Manager
Supervision Exercised: None
- Provides visible security presence.
- Performs assigned duties on Medical Clinic interior/exterior and associated network facilities (as directed) to maintain order, protect personnel, prevent fire, theft, vandalism, illegal entry, etc.
- Performs security/safety checks via foot patrols, stationary assignment, video monitoring.
- Provides access control through monitoring pedestrian traffic at assigned entrances, challenging employees without badges, visitors who appear to be in inappropriate or unauthorized areas, or anyone attempting to enter restricted areas.
- Responds to Service Requests from patients, staff, and visitors to the Medical Clinic: Security Escorts, Lost and Found, Vehicle starting, door lock up/unlock, etc.
- Responds to emergency situations and alarm activation. Performs security monitoring inside/outside patient rooms upon staff request.
- Observes and reports potential or actual security breaches, safety concerns, and maintenance issues.
- Prepares Security Reports, Incident Reports, and various safety logs (as assigned). Performs general and routine duties in accordance with departmental procedures, directional charts, and Medical Clinic Policy & Procedure.
- Demonstrates accountability and competence in performance of assigned duties, and timely/accurate reporting of incidents, concerns, and actions via written reports.
- Demonstrates interest in professional growth.
- Attends and actively participates in all monthly staff meetings.
- Attains International Association of Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) Basic and Advanced Security Officer Certifications (recommended? not required).
- Perform basic facility maintenance duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other Microsoft Windows-based programs required.
- Technical aptitude to work with Security Technology (closed-circuit television, Digital Recording System, etc.).
- Team player who desires working in an environment where working as a team is valued and practiced.
- Works well under pressure to meet organizational needs and other deadlines.
- Dependable person with good work ethic and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, detail oriented with ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize
- Excellent people and relational skills including phone voice and face-to-face communications
- Good written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new software programs and work processes
- Working knowledge of office equipment such as copiers, scanners, digital cameras, fax machines, etc.
- Evening and/or weekend hours as needed.
- Passion for working in a non-profit that provides health care services for low-income individuals and families. Sensitivity to low income and ethnic minority community a must. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalent required
One and a half years of providing security and two years customer service experience preferred.
Valid Driver's License required
CPR certification required within 60 days of hire
De-escalation required within 60 days of hire
Bloodborne Pathogen Risk Level:
Employee has a low risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens.
Normal Medical and Dental office environment, although may be busy and hectic during certain times of the year.
Requires sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching and standing for long periods of time.
Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
Requires normal range of hearing and eye sight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
Ability to lift and carry at least 25 lbs routinely.
FLSA Code: Non Exempt position
Salud Family Health Centers - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard -