UCSF Police Department
The women and men of the UCSF Police Department are committed to making the campus a safe place for everyone to live, work, study and visit. We strongly believe in the principles of community policing, and have partnered with agencies throughout San Francisco to enhance the safety and quality of life at UCSF.
Security Officers protect and guard University property; maintain order among public and UCSF community; monitor and control entry to restricted areas; inspect areas to prevent fires, accidents and other hazards; direct visitors and answer questions concerning building and/or exhibit layouts; and perform other related duties as required.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
Important Application Instructions:
In order to apply for this position we require:
1) A current resume
2) Complete the Police Officer application found on the Police Department website. The application can be accessed at: http://police.ucsf.edu/index.php?/Employment/how-to-apply.html
3) Save both your resume and application as one document. Upload this combined document into your profile under resumes and use it to submit to this position.
If you are unable to combine these two documents, please submit your resume and mail the Police Officer application to:
UCSF Police Department
Professional Standards Division
654 Minnesota Street
San Francisco, CA 94143-0238
Note: Both documents must be received in order to be considered for available positions.
• High school diploma or GED
• General PC knowledge and demonstrated proficiency using MS Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Excellent customer service and effective problem-solving skills; ability to fluently speak, read, write, and follow verbal and written instructions in English
• Demonstrated ability to work calmly under stress in emergency situations; sound judgment skills
• Valid California Driver’s License
• Demonstrated record of excellent attendance and reliability
Physical Demands: Requires bending, squatting, climbing stairs; pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds; reaching above shoulder level; sitting for extended periods of time and the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time; carrying and lifting 21-30 pounds; gripping and grasping; repetitive movements of upper and lower extremities; and ability to run short distances may be exposed to loud noises; dust, fumes or gases; chemical agents; tuberculosis, blood, body fluids or tissue, and radiological materials; latex, use protective equipment; differentiate color.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
• One-three years of experience in the security field
• Experience and training in the security field
• Military experience
• Current C.P.R. certification
• Basic First Aid certification