Posting Job Title Security Operations Analyst III
Requisition # 140942BR
Posting Location Austin, TX, US
Area of Interest Facilities/Security
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Security Operations Analyst III for our Security Operations Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The Security Operations Analyst III will research current and new Internet and network security and abuse issues and develop efficient and effective processes and solutions to mitigate risk to both company assets and the customer experience. This role will work alongside other groups within Time Warner Cable including Legal and Engineering groups, acting as a subject matter expert and primary point of contact on security, abuse and fraud-related issues including theft of service. It will also involve detailed analysis of existing tools, documentation and processes to identify and make recommendations to improve efficiencies and performance and will participate in the development and testing process for any new tools and processes, preparing and presenting appropriate documentation to department leaders and internal customers as needed. Technical and policy escalations from the EROC will be handled by Security Operations Analyst III when required or when the Security Operations Manager is unavailable.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyzes all aspects of current and future workflow processes to identify possible efficiencies and improvements to the customer experience and performance of the Security Operations group.
Participates in research and development projects for both improvements to existing tools and acts as a primary QA participant for any field testing of new or updated technical solutions in the subject area.
Takes the lead in the investigation and research into unauthorized devices on the network, liaising with and providing expertise for local Security, Engineering and other groups as required, and takes direct referrals on all cases involving suspected theft of service cases.
Manages the administration of customer-facing messaging solutions and acts as primary point of contact in interfacing with TSG and other appropriate technical and legal contacts.
Acts as escalation point for any unusual or previously unseen incident and provides guidance and support to Corporate Security Groups as required.
Conducts regular reviews external sources of relevant data and intelligence and provides updated content for both internal and customer-facing information.
Continually grow new product knowledge though advanced training opportunities with a view to developing fraud and abuse prevention and mitigation programs and participate in Security and Fraud Management organization conferences and webinars.
- A strong understanding of Internet Security threats and vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of Networks and HFC and CPE networked devices used in Cable
- Proven project experience and professional business communication skills required to work with both internal and external customers including legal entities and Law Enforcement.
- Must be able to work under pressure to analyze and review data and documentations, make recommendations and presentations to department leaders, front line staff and other internal groups
- Previous experience and knowledge of Network and System-based analytical tools and databases and billing systems used by TWC
- Critical-thinking and analytical skills needed to manage cases involving high risk or security sensitive subject matter.
- Must have initiative, be a self-starter, able to work in a fast paced and changing environment and handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Takes a leading role in collaborations with Management to develop operational and departmental policies, procedures, and metrics which support the fraud prevention and client service goals
- Consistently achieve Security Department goals. Align productivity to meet these goals. Follow department policies and procedures at all times. Attend and participate in regularly scheduled regional/national Security and Fraud update calls/web demonstrations.
Education and Experience:
- Experience with telephony, provisioning, fraud management and/or internet abuse or security preferred.
- Knowledge of investigations, investigative techniques or an in depth analytical skill is desired. Participation in the CFCA organization is required.
- Certifications: CSSP, (Certified Communications Security Professional) CFE, (Certified Fraud Examiner), AISC (Advanced Information Security Certificate) TFA (Telco Fraud Analyst) CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), SANS GSEC - GIAC Certification
- Proven track record of working in fast paced environment like a call center, help desk, alert response
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and
Yes, Security Operations Analyst III Security Operations Analyst III Security Operations Analyst III Travel 10%
Lead: Assigns, trains, schedules or oversees work of others.
Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, a pension plan and Free Cable/Internet. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com
FCC Unit_TWC HQ449
Controlling Establishment ID 00250 - Austin 11921 MoPac
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...