We are currently accepting applications for a Security Patrol Officer position in the Campus Safety and Security department. The Security Patrol Officer position patrols the university campus, enforcing institutional policies and ensures the safety and security of the Lynn community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and enforce the university parking program.
- Open and close building as requested by the dispatch center.
- Monitor assigned patrol area and identify life safety discrepancies.
- Monitor assigned patrol area and identify suspicious activity.
- Respond to situation and assist in problem resolution.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Must have effective communication skills.
- Must have the ability to fill in for gate personnel.
- Maintain all assigned equipment.
- Complete a daily log of activity reflective to the dispatch log.
- Have the ability to complete clear and accurate reports.
- Have the ability to complete prolonged standing, sitting, climbing and walking.
- Have the ability to work extended and flexible hours.
- Have the ability to work nights and weekends.
- Have the ability to work well with others / excellent customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to perform job task as prescribed by the training department.
- Must have the ability to lift or exert up to 50 pounds.
- Complete any assignment or instructions given to them by the Chief or his designee.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years' related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to stand over 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to walk or sit up to 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel or reach with hands and arms over 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to climb or balance up to 1/3 of the time.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl up to 1/3 of the time.
- Ability to talk or hear over 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to taste or smell up to 1/3 of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds up to 1/3 of the time.
- The work environment includes outdoor weather conditions up to 2/3 of the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Lynn University - 12 months ago