Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and maintain a high quality, professional, service-oriented company image amongst internal and external customers.
- Perform customer outreach and assist with the remediation of customers infected computer(s).
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product Management and other internal departments to resolve critical product issues, develop solutions to minimize cycle time for problem resolution and make improvements for future releases.
- Build and maintain solid working relathionships with partner teams.
- Resolve critical malware removal escalations without collaborating with other internal departments.
- Share knowledge of issues and corresponding resolutions or workarounds with partner teams (including but not limited to the creation of new knowledge articles/solutions).
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction by proactively contacting customers to verify that solutions are successful and that customers are pleased.
- Provide technical and customer-focused feedback to Engineering and Product Management about upcoming product releases, during CTP/Beta phase of project lifecycle.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Server and Workstation technologies.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure of deadlines and Service Level Agreements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to recognize and appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Fast learning; ability to absorb large amounts of information at one go and retain that information for future use.
- Working knowledge of tools commonly used for malicious software research and remediation.
- Knowledge of methods of infection and the ability to apply this knowledge as it pertains to halting an infection.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills; ability to communicate technical information to a less technical audience via telephone, email and audio/visual presentations.
- Strong customer service skills; ability to convey messages in a clear and consise manner, set expectations and follow through on issues to keep customers regularly updated, as well as quickly build a rapport with customers.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Product Support or related field is required.
- Associates degree or equivalent, preferably in a Computer Science or Security field, is required.
- MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, Network+, Security+, CCNA or related certification is desireable.