Cisco Security Technology Business Unit is a cornerstone of Cisco Security Systems. STBU provides security solutions to the networking world covering secure network communications, threat defense systems, security management and web and email security.
The Anti Spam Security Software Engineer will be responsible for developing software tools and automating processes, analyzing data from our large network of telemetry and machine learning systems and maintaining rules and heuristic signatures in Cisco’s anti-spam, anti-malware and network security products. The ideal candidate will bring experience in software development and system operations along with keen analytical capabilities to the role. As a leader in the team the role is collaborative, and as such the position requires strong organizational, people and coding skills. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to deliver in a time-to-market sensitive environment and a strong customer focus.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience computer programming or system ops
- Programming in Perl, Python including Perl compatible regular expressions
- Experience debugging and profiling Perl code a plus
- Familiar with one or more source control systems: CVS, Subversion, Perforce
- Knowledge of DNS, MX records and networking
- Knowledge of HTTP and web server technologies
- Ability to use SQL in a production database environment
- Expert command of some UNIX variant; writing shell scripts,
- Highly skilled using UNIX tools such as egrep, sed, tr, uniq, sort, awk
- Must be able to utilize written and verbal communication skills to coordinate effectively with cross-functional groups in local and distant geographic locations
- Proven record of delivering quality in a highly available, scalable environment
- Experience leading and coordinating the efforts of others
- Technical proficiency in administering email/web/network infrastructure is a plus
- Knowledge of heuristic rule systems a plus
- Knowledge of anti-spam and of networking DNS blacklists is a plus
Cisco Systems - 2 years ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...