The purpose of this position is to patrol assigned zone by foot or patrol vehicle, enforce client policy and regulations, and investigate all facility related incidents. Ensure that the client, its associates, and facility personnel are provided with a safe and professional working environment. The Security Specialist reports to the Security Supervisor.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions:
Additional Job Functions:
- Patrols assigned post on foot or patrol vehicle to maintain visibility and observe possible unusual activity
- Investigate and report maintenance and safety conditions which might endanger the client, its associates, or public safety
- Ensure that daily administrative documentation is kept concise and complete at all times; Maintain all daily assigned equipment in functional and presentable condition
- Respond to all requests for assistance relayed by Supervisor or client; complete various company or client assignments as required; submit reports to superior officer
- Investigate security related accidents/incidents, interview witnesses, complaints, and victims; responsible for gathering physical evidence and preserving it for future use; complete report and follow up with management as needed
- Investigate and report fires, evacuations, hazardous situations/other facility related events, and provide back up for client personnel
- Responsibilities include crowd control and assisting Fire Department/EMS or other officials during these processes; maintain control at traffic accidents, assist victims, and investigate causes
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees on company property have proper company issued identification
- Ensure that the client, its associates, and facility personnel are provided with a safe and professional work environment
- Obligation for maintaining state and client requested certifications; all documentation and fees are the responsibility of the employee unless otherwise noted
- Site specific training will need to be completed within the first thirty days unless otherwise stated based on client or assignment of position
- Uniform attire and grooming standards must be maintained at all times while in uniform
- Perform other related duties as required
What We Can Offer:
- GUARD CARD REQUIRED.
- Security experience preferred but we encourage prior military and POST grads to apply.
- Clean driving record with no major violations
- Professionalism in appearance, work ethic, and positive attitude are essential
- A very detailed-oriented, thorough and well-organized person
- Patience, persistence, and excellent communication skills
- The capability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Reliability and dependability in terms of job attendance and performance
- The ability to take direction and independently implement that direction
- Competitive salary: $15/hr
- Challenging assignments
- Skills-enhancement training
- An exciting environment to work in
SIS provides a variety of challenging work environments where professionals are given opportunities to develop their careers and contribute...