Security Industry Specialists, Inc. (SIS) is a rapidly growing service-based private security company that provides tailored security management solutions to some of the most influential Fortune100 companies.
We are looking for a F/T Security Specialist in the South Jordan, UT area to provide outstanding patrol service at one of our high profile accounts.
The purpose of this position is to patrol assigned zone by foot, enforce client policy and regulations, and investigate all facility related incidents. Ensure that the client, its associates, and facility personnel are provided with a safe and professional working environment. The Security Specialist reports to the Security Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
• Patrols assigned post on foot or patrol vehicle to maintain visibility and observe possible unusual activity
• Investigate and report maintenance and safety conditions, which might endanger client, its associates or public safety
• Ensure that daily administrative documentation is kept concise and complete at all times; Maintain all daily assigned equipment in functional and presentable condition
• Respond to all requests for assistance relayed by Supervisor or client; complete various company or client assignments as required; submit reports to superior officer
• Investigate security related accidents/incidents, interview witnesses, complaints, and victims; responsible for gathering physical evidence and preserving it for future use; complete report and follow up with management as needed
• Investigate and report fires, evacuations, hazardous situations or other facility related events, provide back up to client personnel
• Responsibilities include crowd control and assisting Fire Department/EMS or other officials during these processes; maintain control at traffic accidents, assist victims, and investigate
• Responsible for ensuring that all employees on company property have proper company issued identification
• Ensure that the client, its associates, and facility personnel are provided with a safe and professional work environment
• Obligation for maintaining state and client requested certifications; all documentation and fees are the responsibility of the employee unless otherwise noted
• Site specific training will need to be completed within the first thirty days unless otherwise stated based on client or assignment of position
• Uniform attire and grooming standards must be maintained at all times while in uniform
Additional Job Functions:
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Active UT Unarmed Guard Card preferred, however, willing to train the right candidate.
• Some Security experience (private/public sector).
• Mature, and professional individuals that can give a high level of customer service.
• Must be able to work any shift, and multiple shifts.
• Must be able to climb stairs, sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Can handle a high level of competency regarding administrative and data entry tasks.
• Basic computer skills.
• Must be able and willing to work with minimal supervision.
• Can handle stressful situations and emergencies.
• Prior Military and POST grads are welcomed to apply.
What We Can Offer:
• $13/HR, DOE + Competitive Benefits
• Challenging assignments
• Skills-enhancement training
• An exciting working environment
Security Industry Specialists, Inc. - 2 years ago
SIS provides a variety of challenging work environments where professionals are given opportunities to develop their careers and contribute...