Guest Services & Security Manager
Approved by Department Director:
February 3, 2012
While using excellent customer service skills, this position ensures the security and safety of employees and guests. The Security Supervisor’s main function is to ensure good order of the Pier 33 Landing by assessing any individuals or situations with potential to disrupt operations. While using the highest degree of customer service in all situations and interactions with guests and the public, the Security Supervisor monitors visitors on the landing, and manages all incidents related to security in a discreet yet effective manner. Security Supervisor will work closely with Guest Service Supervisors.
RESPECT OUR PLANET RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure safety and security for guests and employees. Assess behavior; identify suspicious activity and potential threats and responds according to standards set forth by management.
- Escorts disruptive or threatening individuals from the Pier 33 Landing.
- Develop and implement security practices at Alcatraz Cruises.
- Monitor surveillance cameras and ensure cameras in working order at all times.
- Provides reports as requested by management, such as daily shift logs, incident reports, etc.
- Trains Security staff on practices such as risk assessment, handling aggressive individuals.
- Responds to medical incidents.
- Rotates among various stations including patrolling the landing, café, break rooms.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and follow all RESPECT procedures that relate to your job duties.
- Work with a “safety-first” attitude.
- Minimize your impact on the environment when at work.
- Treat our customers with RESPECT at all times.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Alcatraz Cruises from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Crewmembers with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Answers questions posed by guests.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Upon employment, all crewmembers are required to fully comply with Alcatraz Cruises rules and regulations. Employees who violate Alcatraz Cruises rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following skill sets to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving —the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Plus ability to handle conflict management.
- Communications —the individual must speak clearly so listeners can understand and recognize the speech of another person.
- Demonstrated ability —the individual has the necessary skills and ability to perform the job with minimal supervision.
- Customer service —the individual manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Planning/organizing —the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality control —the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity —meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Physical demands —the individual occasionally must have the ability to move or lift up to 60 lbs. and must be able to run.
- Adaptability —the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability —the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security —the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety:
Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. Alcatraz Cruises provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
- Rubber soled shoes that provide safe movement on wet, damp and greasy surfaces .
- Valid Driver License Preferred
- Customer Service Experience Required
- Security Card/ Certification Required
- Security, Law Enforcement and/or Military Experience Required
- Excellent Writing, including Report Writing, Skills Required