Under the direction of the Security Manager, assists in developing, researching, planning, organizing, and directing the hospital Security management plans. Utilizes quality improvement initiatives in the performance of job duties. Provides direct supervision of assigned Safety Specialists. Investigates concerns, incidents and assists in the monitoring of the Campus. Coordinates these activities with a primary focus on Customer Service to both the internal and external Customers.
1. Exceptional Customer service skills.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office Software application to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
3. Strong ability to develop and present to small or large audiences utilizing the latest audio/visual technology.
4. Strong analytical problem solving skills. Demonstrated skill in negotiation, mediation and problem resolution.
5. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to deal effectively with various individuals in stressful, highly sensitive situations. Ability to work effectively with people of all social, economic, and cultural backgrounds.
6. Ability to establish professional rapport with law enforcement agencies to include proper follow up until issues successfully resolved.
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
8. Strong ability to organize work priorities and meet specific objectives under time constraints.
9. Must be detailed oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment.
10. Knowledge of process improvement initiatives to include tracking and trending of data, graphical representations.
11. Required bilingual, English/Spanish.
A. Work Experience:
- Three years experience in a law enforcement agency required.
- One year Supervisor experience in security or law enforcement preferred.
- Experience in instructing or conducting training or public presentations.
- Must successfully complete and pass Criminal Background Check and have no prior criminal history that would reflect negatively on the security profession.
C. Education and Training:
- Completion of Basic and Supervisor IAHSS course
- CPR or completed within a six months hire from hire date.
- In-service course (CPI) within three months from hire date.
- Valid Texas Driving License.
- Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration or related field.
- May consider additional four years of experience in lieu of education requirement.
University Medical Center of El Paso - 11 months ago