A Whelan Security Supervisor must represent Whelan's 10 Core Values of Truth-Telling, Promise-Keeping, Respect, Loyalty, Empowerment, Discipline, Leadership, Flexibility, Quality Assurance, and Results while performing the following duties:
- Supervise security personnel and manage all of Whelan operational activities with emphasis on medium/small or single officer accounts.
- Maintain operations logs, records, and post orders.
- Know post orders for specified facilities; assist in officer scheduling, security inspection, surveys, new start ups, special project and extra coverage.
- Control overtime, training time, maximize no-billable time, conduct post inspections.
- May oversight a cluster of small accounts.
- Ensure that operational, personnel and payroll records are established and maintained appropriately.
- Conduct Personnel evaluations as needed.
- Train all employees as needed or as directed.
- Champion incentive and reward programs at account.
- Assist in the Reconciliation of payroll and billing as required.
- Control cost by controlling direct labor, overtime, non-billable labor, vacation/time off, uniform expense, equipment upkeep and expense, and supplies.
- Set and Maintain standard of appearance and performance on all subordinates.
- Assist in investigations as needed.
- Audit account safety programs, lead branch safety program to keep injuries below safety objectives, ensure compliance with all risk policies, procedures and practices.
- Provide immediate response to problems and concerns.
- Assist in any branch function as needed.
- Oversee Internal Quality Audits (IQA) and Employee Inspections.
- Administer Truth Report (full report for PM accounts, condensed for Site Supervisor accounts).
Basic Qualifications :
Basic Skills :
- Ability to communicate effectively at a supervisory level both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to supervise the mitigation of typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
- TWIC Card needed prior to hire
- Must currently reside or willing to travel to Corpus Christi area
- Active knowledge of current maritime/coast guard laws and MARSEC rules and regulations
- Supervisory experience needed
Basic Attributes :
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- S peaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Selective Attention - The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Far Vision - The ability to see details at a distance.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Experience, Work History, and Education :
- Supervisory training and experience is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate a stable work history with at least one verifiable positive work reference.
- Have evidence of obtaining a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must successfully pass an extensive background screening which will include criminal record checks (local, state and federal), drug test, skills assessment test, interviews, and personality profile.
- Negative result on pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have no criminal convictions as specified under Whelan Security guidelines.
- Successful completion of Whelan’s Pre-Employment Assessment of Knowledge (PEAK).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Whelan Security - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, Whelan Security is a privately-held, family-owned company providing contract security services...