You can spot a security bug a mile away. Crypto suites aren’t just buzzwords to you, they’re nuanced and quirky friends. And, you can rattle off ways that smart people have accidentally misused them. You can wax poetic about online game ecosystems that have been unbalanced by exploits, then code up alternatives that would have withstood those attacks. You’re the security expert, and that luminous white glow emanating from the coatroom seems to be coming from your hat.
Bungie needs your help making sure our next game is secure from top to bottom. As a security tools programmer, you will look for the cheats, hacks and exploits that could besmear the game experience for Bungie’s legion of fans. You will mercilessly catalog these threats and neutralize them. The scope of your contribution will be massive, encompassing the end-to-end security health across both the game clients on multiple platforms and the online services backing them. You’ll work closely with other engineers to ensure that feature designs factor in security from the beginning. If you possess these skills, come and join us on our path to world domination!
- 3+ years’ experience with C#, .NET and SQL Server
- Experience writing and shipping test automation for online services
- Experience with threat assessment and security analysis for online systems
- Conversational knowledge of other games’ past security problems and resulting analyses
- Ability to do self-directed work as well as work alongside a team of other developers
- Working knowledge of C++
- Passion for making great games
- Experience with .NET Web Services or WCF
- Experience writing and shipping production server code