Assist in the protection of the hotel, its guests, employees, and property.
Essential job functions:
This position requires a great deal of attention to detail. Assignments must be done within the specified time constraints. This person must have a high school education, the ability to communicate, initiative, teamwork, and be prompt. Must be able to converse on the telephone for long periods at a time. People skills, internal/external customer service, phone skills and communication skills are mandatory. Ability to communicate with people within the department is necessary. Multitasking, clear penmanship (so work may be interpreted correctly), regular attendance, getting along with others, detail orientation, working a full shift, and the ability to work in a fast paced constantly changing environment are required. Must be able to perform certain physical work. Ability to work a flexible schedule. Possess D class security license.
Applicants should have experience obtaining information while being persistent in a courteous manner.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Investigate promptly all complaints of guests and staff. When in doubt as to action to be taken, supervisor should be consulted.
- All incidents to be handled with interest and discretion. Written report to be completed when necessary.
- Assist in crowd control. When needed will deal with pickets, protestors, demonstrators and will assist in preventing any disruption of hotel activities.
- Upon request will escort a cashier who carries money and other valuables.
- Provide assistance in the protection of guest luggage and personal effects.
- Establish good public relations with guest and will conduct themselves in a manner that merits the guests confidence and respect.
- Assist Human Resources Department in request with the inspection of employee locker rooms.
- Provide on-site First-Aid and other emergency care.
- Be alert to any potential safety and fire hazards. Submit written report to supervisor.
- Observe departing personnel to guard against theft of hotel property. Encourage them to use the proper exist and entrances.
- Take active roll in hotel Energy Conservation Program.
- Conduct building maintenance inspections.
- Report all defects.
- Be knowledgeable on Unican Locking Systems, El Safe, I.D. Camera, Engraving Machine, etc…
- Cross train as dispatcher and employee entrance officer.
- Provide directional information to visitors and guests.
- Assist in the enforcement of policies and procedures governing the conduct of guest and staff and the performance of certain duties by staff members.
- Traffic control during busy periods.
- Be knowledgeable of MSDS program.
- Keep supervisor informed of all incidents and situation that you are involved which related to your function within the security department.
- Assist with driving of hotel vehicles as necessary.
Seaway Hotels requires employees to perform any other duties and/or tasks that may be assigned to them on an as needed basis. This job description is not an employment agreement nor contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Due to the nature of this business, it is important for everyone to display a helpful demeanor.
Biltmore Hotel of Coral Gables - 21 months ago