Seismic Land Crew
Working in remote locations on a seismic survey land crew, a Seismic Specialist participates in all aspects of operating, monitoring, and maintaining various computer, electronic, hydraulic, or mechanical systems (e.g., GPS, satellite communications, vehicles, generators, AC). This position requires the mobility to travel worldwide, wherever the crew is assigned.
Typical work schedules are 6 weeks on crew followed by a return home for 3 weeks of break. Shifts are 12 hours per day, 7 days a week; work is physically demanding and often takes place outside in extremely hot, cold, wet, or arid conditions. Teamwork is central to progression on seismic crews, where living conditions involve proximity to people of different gender and of various nationalities, religions, ethnic backgrounds, and ages.
Successful Seismic Specialists have technical mindsets with an interest in knowing how things work and how to repair them. They have excellent communication skills in English.
- Completes company training program in timely manner.
- Practices leadership in safety- and quality-related matters.
- Monitors, operates, repairs, and maintains various crew-based systems.
- Develops expertise on equipment relevant to background and experience.
- Trains, coaches, and mentors less experienced employees.
- Assists in crew operations as directed by senior staff Keeps abreast of developments in seismic technologies.
- Assures quality of the project performance with reference to company policies, standards, and procedures.
- Medically fit for physically demanding work that requires ability to twist and bend.
- Minimum 2 years of technical college with study in physics, electronics, surveying, or computer science; or equivalent vocational or armed services background in maintenance of computer, electronic, electrical, mechanical, or hydraulic systems.
- At least five years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in English language necessary for verbal and written communications, including training.
Schlumberger - 15 months ago
Schlumberger has the know-how to get oil and gas drillers out of a slump. One of the world's largest oilfield services companies, it...