This position is responsible for selecting designated open-case product and placing it securely in a tote or box to fulfill customer orders. This position is key to customers receiving the correct product on time and in saleable condition.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Read selection labels (or scan with hand-held scanner in some departments) to identify slot location, product description and quantity required for each order.
- Pull correct quantities of designated product (identified by selection labels or signal light) from the slot location and lift into a tote or box on a static conveyor line.
- Push tote along static conveyor line to next slot location until the tote is full or the order is complete.
- Handle all product so as not to injure teammates or damage the product, the tote or other product.
- Pack product in the tote to ensure it is not damaged in any way during transportation by hand, palletizer, forklift, pallet jack, conveyors, tractor/trailer or hand truck.
- Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
- Continually meet assigned production standards.
- Maintain a quality of work that limits mispicks, shorts and damages.
- Follow directions.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment within 30 days after hire.
- Comply with company attendance policy.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the Distribution Center; work schedules may require working an early shift, staying long for a late shift, and weekend work depending on the customer and operational requirements of the division.
- Work in warm and cold temperature conditions that may range from 38°F to 110°F; teammates assigned to the freezer must be able to work in temperatures as cold as -10° F.
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head continuously for a period of two hours or more.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
- Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
McLane - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...