General Summary: This position is responsible for monitoring the self pay ATB, including ensuring payments and payment plans are set up per the bad debt policy.
1. Consult with the Self Pay Coordinator in Reimbursement to monitor the self pay ATB. Manage call efforts and notate accounts in Healthland for calls made. Comply with the bad debt policy for patient telephone collections criteria. Accept payments and set up payment plans per policy.
2. Accept patient inbound calls and provide resolution.
3. Create refund documentation packets.
4. Research and resolve issues presented in each phone call, documenting each account with action taken.
5. Screen all self pay patients for state or federal government program eligibility.
6. Report problems and errors to management in an effective and efficient manner.
7. Retrieve scanned documents as needed.
8. Provide clerical support to department as needed.
9. Regular attendance and timelines is required.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Experience: One to three years as a self pay collector in a health care environment preferred.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years ago - save job