The Senior, Software Engineer role at Apollo Global is responsible for the development and delivery of software products in support of the Apollo Global Student Lifecycle System. They will be responsible for the integration of in-house developed software packages with customized vendor packages utilizing a SOA framework, and the migration of data from legacy university systems into Apollo Global's data warehouse.
This position reports directly to the Head of Engineering and requires close interaction with the product management team, QA team, architecture team, and product vendor.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Design & develop web-based solutions using Java, Web Services, AJAX, Apache, Tomcat, Liferay, Spring, Struts, Hibernate and other web technologies.
- Work with outside product vendors and assist with the installation, configuration, and customization of their software products.
- Analyze complex business problems and recommend solutions.
- Understand and communicate technical issues and solutions to the business
- Estimate effort (time and duration) of implementation tasks
- Assure high-quality code is implemented and delivered to the QA team; utilizing existing processes for identifying, tracking, and reporting defects
oJava (1.5 or greater)
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a Software Engineer delivering web-based solutions utilizing the following technologies:
oWeb Frameworks (Spring, Struts, Hibernate)
oWeb Services (RESTful, SOAP)
oWeb Portal (JSR-168, Liferay)
oWeb Technologies (HTML, JSP, AJAX, Java Script, CSS)
oDatabase (Oracle, JDBC, SQL, PL-SQL)
- Must have solid understanding of database concepts and be comfortable with writing ad-hoc DB queries
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
- Knowledge of basic Unix/Linux commands and shell scripting
- Familiarity with development and continuous integration tools like Eclipse, Bamboo, Maven, Ant, etc.
- Experience with version control software such as CVS or SVN
- Experience with both traditional SDLC and Agile best practices
- Experience working on large-scale, enterprise level projects
- Understanding of SOA Infrastructure
- Working knowledge of ETL concepts, actual experience a plus
- Comfortable working within motivated timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Excellent teamwork skills and collaboration abilities
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally 10% of the time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Apollo Group, Inc. and its subsidiary companies ('Apollo') are committed to being Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers. We embrace and celebrate the unique qualities of our employees including race, color, gender, age, religion, disability or perceived disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. The protected groups set forth in this policy are broader than what is covered by our Affirmative Action Plan.
It is the objective of Apollo to provide equal opportunity for employment. Through the recruitment and retention of a competitive diverse workforce, we can leverage our diversity and better understand our customers' needs as well as enhance the communities we serve. At Apollo, we believe diversity strengthens our competitive advantage.
Apollo makes decisions relative to employment, training, compensation, and promotion on the basis of job-related qualifications. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, religion, disability or perceived disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Apollo is committed to the principles of tolerance and respect, fair treatment, equal access and consideration, and recognition for contributions. All management personnel are accountable and share in the responsibility for adherence to the policy. Apollo is guided by the principle of equal opportunity and respect for others. Apollo's philosophy is based on the recognition of and value for the unique attribute brought to Apollo by each person. By keeping with these principles Apollo will successfully meet its corporate goals.
Apollo Group - 10 months ago
Apollo Group, Inc. (Apollo Group)is a private education provider. The Company offers educational programs and services at the high school,...