This position will serve as a member of the internal software development team and be responsible for designing, building and maintaining applications on the Microsoft .NET platforms.
The position will develop new .NET web applications and support and enhance existing solutions, both customer-facing and for internal usage. He or she will work with end-users to elaborate business requirements and define technical specifications, and based upon those specifications, design, code, test, debug, and document software and ETL solutions. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of software development tools and languages and may be called upon to collaborate with external programmers to coordinate delivery of software applications. This role requires 5-7 years of experience and participates in all phases of the software development life-cycle: concept, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, production implementation, and operational support.
• Work closely with business analysts, software developers and internal customers to understand and document business requirements and prepare solution architectures and technical specifications and documentation.
• Comfortable with experimenting with new technologies to solve business needs.
• Provide input (scope, level of difficulty, etc.) into estimates for new applications and modifications to existing applications
• Create high-quality application prototypes
• Work collaboratively in small technical teams of 2-3 developers
• Develop, test, debug, and deploy applications to meet business needs for both internal and external stakeholders
• Builds solutions and perform maintenance that are technically efficient, effective, and follows internal and industry standards
• Proven ability to be effective on multiple projects simultaneously amid shifting priorities
• Follow through on projects, tasks, and issues through the point of completion.
• Collaborate with infrastructure team for the design and implementation of software solutions.
• Provide maintenance and support for existing .NET applications.
• Collaborate with customer support team to diagnose and resolve defects.
• Provide production support and timely resolution of production issues
• Strong collaborative skills
• Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively with technical and business team, in both written and verbal formats
• Effective documentation skills combined with a demonstrated attention to detail
• 5-7 years of proven experience in web application development using .NET framework 3.5/4.0, ASP.NET, VB.NET, HTML, DHTML, XML, SQL, CSS, Ajax
• 5-7 years' experience in working with SQL Server 2005/2008/2012.
• 5-7 years (advanced-level) AJAX knowledge, including best practices and limitations
• Experienced in writing unit and functional tests
• 5-7 years' experience building cross-browser compatible web applications
• 5-7 years' experience with third party ASP.NET controls such as Telerik and Dundas Charts.
• 3-5 years' experience working with large-scale databases ranging 500GB – 1TB
• 2-3 years's experience in data analysis
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science
Highly Desirable Qualifications
• Sitecore Certified Developer (SCD1 or SCD2) accreditation is highly desirable; Sitecore certification should be CMS v6.0 or above
• Mobile application development experience
• 3-5 years' experience developing orchestrations with ETL tools such as CastIron
• Services Oriented Architecture (Web Services, HTTP, REST) programming experience required
• Report/Dashboard design and development
• An understanding or development of views and Stored Procedures
• Experience on Data Warehousing, Data Analysis & modeling and a good grasp of software engineering principles are required
• Experience in a direct marketing-focused business or environment
• Microsoft development related certifications a plus