San Mateo, CA
My client is a leader user-generated gaming site that makes players the architects of their own 3D worlds, drawing over one billion page views and 21 million in-game hours each month. The site is ranked #1 in the US for total engagement time within the 8-14 year old segment, and is rapidly growing in popularity amongst players aged 15+. Their vision is to become the leader in user-generated gaming for all ages, around the world. On ROBLOX, players use core building components to create elaborate online games that simulate the real world.
My client describes themselves as the YouTube of user-generated games, the Amazon of virtual goods, and the Facebook of social gaming.
- Own features from idea through live-on-site
- Tackle complex problems in usability, scalability, and distributed systems
- Work in a sophisticated and diverse stack that includes 3D gaming clients, SQL and NoSQL databases, memcached, RabbitMQ, SOLR/Lucene, cloud and physical servers
- Project space includes gaming, user-generated content, social networking, mobile, scalability, monetization, message queuing, wide-table search, recommendations
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced agile environment, and ship code every day
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 5+ years shipping code with increasing responsibility and project complexity
- Experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale
- Expertise in C#, .NET and Microsoft SQL
- Experience working in short, agile, iterative development cycles is a plus
- Catered Lunches
- Regular working hours – Work/Life Balance