NET Developer will join a energetic group responsible for the technology capabilities of a financial services company. This role will be engaged in developing custom software tools and integrations in a Microsoft .NET environment, currently using primarily C# and ASP.NET as well as SQL Server 2005/08, windows forms, and windows services. Developers have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and ongoing improvements.
This role affords an opportunity to work very closely with business users in creating new tools and features and working to expand the capabilities of existing systems (not just fixing bugs) In this environment, developers can not only see how their tools improve the firm’s operations on a daily basis, but also have the opportunity to experience dramatic and personal growth both intellectually and in their career progression. The ideal candidate will be motivated, curious, well organized, willing to learn, and have a passion for software development.
• Design and development of new tools and features for proprietary applications using C#, ASP.NET, and SQL
• Work with business users to define requirements, and help determine how tools and features will be built
• Research new tools and methods; and help integrate them into existing systems or development procedures
• Proactively look for solutions to problems and use a balanced approach to solving those problems using software
• Daily proactive monitoring and support of scheduled import/export tasks and automated reporting, escalating issues to appropriate IT staff as needed. Respond to and troubleshoot any unexpected custom software problems
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
• Motivated by and enjoys solving business problems and seeing immediate impact on business users
• Development experience with .NET platform, especially with ASP.NET and C#
• Some experience with Microsoft SQL Server, queries, procedures, and views
• Ability to work independently or with a team, plan work, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Desired skills (or things you will learn):
• Windows Forms, Windows Services, WPF, or ASP.NET MVC
• Automated build/deployment tools
• SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) and advanced Microsoft Excel Functions
Kevin McCarthy | Liberty Personnel, Inc.
410 Feheley Drive | King of Prussia, PA 19406 | 610-941-6300 x107 | email@example.com
www.libertyjobs.com | http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kevin-mccarthy/0/521/133
Liberty Personnel Services - 24 months ago