MicroEdge, a software solutions company, is looking for a qualified Software Engineer to join our development team working on our new products in our New York/MN offices.
Our software engineers are a collaborative group who value team work, creativity, and potential. Software Engineers work closely with other members of the development team, as well as Quality Assurance Engineers and Business Analysts, to ensure products meet expectations and maintain the Company's reputation for delivering high-quality software.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
The Senior .Net Developer will contribute to the development of MicroEdge's software, in particular new web-based modules. The engineer will have the opportunity to work on the full software stack – from the browser down through the database. In doing so, the engineer will have an opportunity to learn or improve upon design/architecture skills and gain a full understanding and appreciation for Microsoft’s .Net development platform.
- Assisting with a product's development to ensure deadlines and standards are met
- Working closely with other teams within the organization
- Communicating development needs clearly and accurately to upper-level management
- Prioritizing effectively to ensure the development of web applications from conceptual stages to end stages
- Using high-level troubleshooting and debugging skills to eliminate problems in current application code
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of additions to the technology field
Education and Experience:
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming principles
- Knowledge and experience of XML, CSLA, jQuery UI a plus
- Knowledge and experience of mobile development is a plus
- Knowledge and experience of Web Services development is a plus
- Knowledge of Web Services is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL databases
- Understanding of software engineering best practices, including agile methodology, design patterns, decoupled architectures, and test-driven development
MicroEdge offers an excellent compensation and employee benefit package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, 401(K), generous paid time off, travel assistance and more!
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field
- 3-4 years hands-on programming experience with C#, ASP.Net, ASP.Net MVC a plus
- Experience handling cross-browser / cross-platform issues
Click the apply button to complete our short application process--it should take you less than 5 minutes!
Must be authorized to work in the United States. No H-1B sponsorship available for this position.
Apply To This Job
MicroEdge, LLC - 19 months ago
MicroEdge keeps grantmakers' money from burning holes in their pockets. The company provides software and Web-based technologies for...