The Senior AI Programmer is responsible for designing automated systems to control the behaviors, short and long term goals, and reasoning of AI.
The person in this role will create data driven, customizable, flexible, and robust code, systems, and algorithms.
Provide technical expertise to develop games or technologies in support of games.
Reliably create good quality, performance-minded code.
Assist in the sharing of ideas and exploration of new practices to continually improve the quality of software development for the Company.
Provide leadership and insight to help the team avoid and overcome obstacles as they arise during development.
Provide coaching skills to help develop less experienced engineers.
Maintain a professional attitude during all stages of development.
Excel as a team member and strive to maximize team and departmental performance.
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent game experience.
- 5+ years experience in the creation and delivery of state-of-the-art, performance-minded games required.
- Has shipped titles with a significant AI contribution.
- Excellent working knowledge of C and C++.
- Solid 3D math background.
- Preferred knowledge of AI FSM, fuzzy logic, expert systems, neural networks or planning systems.
- Knowledge a multithreaded environment is very helpful.
- Have a strong work ethic, self-motivation, and a positive attitude.
- Experience with Windows programming.
- Ability to work independently and to be self-directing required.
- Excellent team and communication skills required.
- Passion for making and playing innovative games.