U.S. - San Francisco
Cryptography Research is hiring talented ASIC Engineers to join our world class technology team in our San Francisco office. This engineer will work closely with other ASIC engineers and architects, as well as security, cryptography, verification, and software engineers to architect, design, implement, and integrate digital hardware for a variety of security-related ASIC products. Cryptography and hardware security experience is not required, but an ability to, and interest in, learning about these areas is important.
• Perform RTL-level design, including micro-architectural definition, of digital logic used in secure ASIC cores.
• Assist with EDA tool-related tasks, such as synthesis, static-timing analysis, logical equivalency checking, and help improve flows and scripts for such tasks.
• Assist with integration of CRI technology into customer and partner ASIC design projects, in such areas as clocking and reset logic, memory interfaces, test interfaces, and system buses.
• BS or MS degree in electrical or computer engineering or closely related degree strongly preferred; but substantial, relevant, outstanding work experience may substitute in some cases.
• Four or more years experience working as an ASIC design engineer.
• Understanding of front-end ASIC design flows, including design, simulation, synthesis, and timing analysis. Experience with back-end flows, especially place-and-route, is beneficial.
• Very high technical competence that includes a track record of on-time delivery of silicon-proven designs.
• Very high degree of skill with Verilog and digital design.
• Expertise in some or all of the following areas is beneficial:
o IP core delivery and handoff issues
o Modern SoC design methodologies and architectures.
o DFT, especially memory testing and characterization and/or Logic BIST methodologies.
o Manufacturing test, device characterization and qualification, reliability testing.
• Hardware development experience in UNIX/Linux environments, including supporting tasks such as shell scripting and basic Perl scripts.
• Ability to work with technical writers in the production of technical documentation.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Able to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Able and willing to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• A demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute tasks so as to achieve goals in an innovative, fast-paced, and often high-pressure environment
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
Cryptography Research - 17 months ago